Tuesday 23 June 2009

Grilled Leg of Lamb Steak on Garlic Sweet Potato Mash

Those who know me from other sites around the Web will probably know that lamb is my favourite meat. I adore lamb cooked in so many different ways, with so many different ingredients. As sweet potatoes are probably my favourite vegetable - as well as being one of the most nutritious of all vegetables - this is a recipe which I love to make on a frequent basis.

The quanities described below are per person.

Ingredients

1 leg of lamb steak
1 large sweet potato
1 clove of garlic
2 tbsp of frozen peas
Salt, black pepper and malt vinegar to season

Method

Peel and chop the sweet potatoes in to pieces about one inch cubed. Put them in to a large pan of salted water and simmer for a total of twenty minutes.

When the sweet potatoes have been on for five minutes, place the leg of lamb steak under a medium to hot grill and cook for seven minutes each side.

The peas should be placed in a pan of boiling water two to three minutes before the sweet pottoes are due to be ready (see individual packet for details.)

When the lamb is ready, take it out of the oven and place it on a plate, covering it with aluminium foil to rest for a few minutes. Drain the peas well and season with freshly ground black pepper and malt vinegar to taste. Drain the sweet potatoes and mash them with the crushed clove of garlic. Arrange the sweet potato and garlic mash in a circle on a plate, surround with the peas and place the leg of lamb steak on top.

Delicious!

Do you love sweet potatoes as much as me? Are you even partly aware of the variety of different recipes which can be made with them? I bought the book below quite some time ago now and although I can't swear to it, I think that I have since made every recipe included in it. Here it is - available on both Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk - for your inspection. This is one book which I can not recommend highly enough to any sweet potato lover - I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment